Monday, November 3, 2008

The Only Christian...

So Kara was invited to bring a book to school for her teacher to read. She picked a book called "A Heart for Jesus" by Juanita Bynam. When she presented it to her teacher that day her teacher told her she could not read it to the class because it was about Jesus. That's fine, I get that. If a wicken child brought a wicken book to school I wouldn't want my child to hear it, so I understand that a book teaching a certain religion cannot be read in a public school. But this is what gets me; her teacher then proceeded to tell her that she could not read a book about Jesus because Kara is the only one who believes in Jesus.
What a horrible thing to tell a five year old. And apparantly the statement isn't even true, because later Kara was reaasured by her best friend that she believes in Jesus too.

3 comments:

Paula Gardner said...

Sheesh! I thought things would be a little better that that in Texas. You might as well be in Washington.

Are you sure you can't afford private school?

The Smith Family said...

Hey! This is Taylor! Im so excited you got a blog!!! Your family is soo cute and your little girl looks JUST like you! Anyway, thats crazy Cara's teacher would say that but mostly its sad! Keep in touch!

Meg said...

What an ignorant insensitive teacher!
Poor Kara :-(
Anyhow I'm really glad you have a blog too. Hope you don't mind if I read it!